A leader in state water policy
NMWDI spearheads initiatives to modernize and grow access and usability of New Mexico’s water data. We strive to share, integrate, and manage water data to strengthen our ability to develop water planning and management.
Philanthropic support helps NMWDI:
- Make water data FAIR: Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable
- Integrate data from modern and historic sources
- Organize and improve access and interoperability to water data (water quantity, water quality, groundwater levels, and more)
- Enhance collaborations across state and national entities
- Encourage dialogue between scientists and non-scientists on some of the most pressing issues of our day.